Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Teapots & Teacups!

Thank you for stopping by today!!

Well it's been awhile again, a long while.  I've just been posting everything on Instagram (@schalking) and haven't been posting to my blog....  So I'm going to give it a go again.

Happy New Year!  Happy 2015!  I hope this year has started well for you!  I've been stamping away, and baking and walking (and eating)!!

Today I want to share with you this cute Confetti Garland card I made for the Make it Monday #199 - Confetti Garlands.  What a cute idea!  Check out the Capture the Moment Blog and check out the cards!

You can add sequins, buttons, felt goodies, ribbon and paper die cuts, anything really that you can put on a garland (just punch a hole!).  I've been working on some teapot and tea cup cookies and tags for a little girl's tea party birthday party, so I have tea on the brain!

Here is Betsy's card (she also has a tutorial on how to create a confetti garland):


It's so cute, and the garland really pops with the white background!

Here is my card:


I had a lot of fun with this card!  I started with the Tea for Two Stamp Set from Papertrey Ink.


Then I chose the Sweet Girl double-sided card stock collection in the 6 x 6 paper pad.  The ink pads I used are from Stampin' Up!.  The colors are Strawberry Slush, Bermuda Bay and Daffodil Delight.


Oh and those cute little teapots and tea cups in the garland are from Taylored Expressions.  They're the cutest little dies, tiny and just perfect for tea party decor (and confetti garlands)!


This card can be a birthday, valentine, anniversary or "just because" card.  I've left the inside blank for now, until I decide who gets this card!  Hey, it could even be a Mother's Day card!


Along with teapots and tea cups, I tied little pieces of ribbon on the garland to add a little bit of "shabbiness".   Well I hope you enjoyed your stop by my blog today!  Thanks again for stopping by and have a pleasant evening!

Kristy


14 comments:

  1. Love the little teapot garland! The bright, colorful patterns and ribbons make this a really fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card! Absolutely love your teapot garland!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the cutest ever! Love the tied on ribbons and the adorable teapots. And I have that paper! (Thrilled when that happens!) Great job on the garland, Kristy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just darling! I love the sweet, cheerful colors and your little garland of tea cups is just over the top cute! This will definitely bring a smile to even the Grinch's face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute job on your confetti garland. I just LOVE this sweet technique!
    Blessings,
    Karen

    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! Yes I think I will be making more garland cards, it's just so cute and adds so much!

      Delete
  6. WOW in capital letters! I was checking out the Make It Monday Challenge and saw this gorgeous card! I adore all of your bright colors and that garland is nothing short of genius! How clever to hang a charming little row of teapots! I also really liked how your garland was made of random little bits of ribbon. Thanks so much for the inspiration-- this was amazing to see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh! Thank you so much Andrea! Love those little teapot & teacup dies!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! I'm going to check out your supplies now. I love all things tea.....:)

    ReplyDelete