Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Back to School!

Hi and Happy Tuesday to you!

Today is back to school for my Grandson, Ryan!  He is starting 1st grade today, and has said that he wants to be a Navy Seal when he grows up!  Ummmmmm, if he is a Navy Seal Gramma will be right there to wrap him in bubble wrap before he goes off for duty!!  Here's my little sweetheart, his mommy did the little chalk board (how cute is that?!?!).


I'm participating in the Make it Monday #178, Back to School Easel Card!   Yep, it matches the picture of my sweet Grandson, with his chalk board easel!!  Check out the video for the Chalk Board Easel Card!  Then go check out all the cards on the Capture the Moment Blog.

Here's my card: 


I love the chalk board look!   The stamp set is from Papertrey Ink, it is appropriately called Back to School.


The chalk board look is so cool because it really looks like a chalked up board!  Kinda reminds me of school many, many, many years ago!!


I used white embossing powder, and pool party embossing powder, l o v i n g the pool party powder!!


The colors used are Chalkboard, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade and Crisp Cantaloupe..  I think they look fresh together for this pastel card!!


Oh!  And I had to add a few sequins for embellishment!  Love those sequins!  

And a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my lovely DIL, Bethany!!  I LOVE YOU!!


Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope this Easel Card got you in the back to school mood!!  
AND it's also September 2 (can't believe it's September!) - I just feel so cozy, the beginning of fall, even tho it will be back up in the mid-90s by the end of the week!!

Have a fabulous day!

Kristy


12 comments:

  1. That's one cute grandson, Kristy! And I love the sweet easel card you did. So darling in pastels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your card! Really like how you framed the chalkboard too with the DSP. Cute, cute card! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the use of the aqua color easel. Nice job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card! Perfect for your first graders teacher! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and I love that it goes along so well with your adorable grandson's photo! Your chalkboard looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love your choice of colors here. Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete