Wednesday, August 20, 2014

May Today Be Sweet...

Well Happy Wednesday!

It amazes me how I miss crafting when I am away from home....  It's just such a part of who I am, and that's a good thing!  So I am back from visiting my grandchildren in Washington..  It was an awesome visit, and my best girlfriend came up to visit also...  I'll share our activities on my next blog.

Today I am participating in Make it Monday #177 - Using Cover Plate Negatives.  Click on the Make it Monday link and you will see the video and sample cards on the Capture the Moment blog.

I'm using a die that is actually a coverplate and usually covers the 4.25 x 5.50 card.  I've used some of the negative pieces, which are the yellow rectangles, here's my card:


The colors I'm using are Daffodil Delight and Crumb Cake with the bowl white embossed.


This was a pretty quick card!  I used the kitchen fresh Bowl of Sunshine Stamp Set.  Love the lemons and the Corning Ware looking bowls. 


I sprinkled a few yellow sequins on the card, the sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.


With the embossed bowl, the sequins, the white brads and the daffodil delight rectangles, I've added some texture to the card.  There's also a yellow "twine" bow on the bowl.


I hope you enjoy this lemon fresh card today, and that your TODAY is sweet!

Thank you for stopping by my blog today and enjoy the rest of your week!  
Try to create something everyday, it's kind of therapeutic!!

Enjoy!
Kristy

4 comments:

  1. Love your card, great colors and design! These die cut cards go together so easily, don't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the yellow & kraft together - terrific, fresh feeling card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very sweet!! I love your color combo too : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete