Friday, August 8, 2014

Make it Monday (on Friday!)

Well Hello There!!

My how time flies!  It's been six months since I've posted a card to stamp. craft. pin.!  I'm back for a spell!!

I love creating and I try to be creative every day!  I'm going to start blogging my cards again AND I will be adding some goodies to my etsy shop - Schalk's Card Schoppe! 

This week I created a card for Capture the Moment's Make it Monday,  Creating Card Borders Using
Non-Border Dies......oh, well I fussy cut my border, I didn't use a die, but it still works!!

You can see the video here (from Capture the Moment):  Make it Monday #175.

Here is the card on the video, it's so cute, I love the apple border:


And here is the card I made:




The Designer Series Paper is Lullaby by Stampin' Up!.  The butterfly and the greeting is also from 
Stampin' Up!, it's from the Kinda Eclectic stamp set (one of my favorite new sets).


For this card I stamped the flowers on the Designer Series Paper and cut them out to create the floral edge.  I then stamped and cut out more flowers and layered them with leaves from the same Papertrey Ink stamp set.  I stamped the butterfly on DSP and used the butterfly punch to set that butterfly free!!


"A Little Kindness Goes a Long Way" is from the Kinda Eclectic stamp set, it is stamped in Hello Honey.  The other colors used are Pistachio Pudding, Whisper White and Crisp Cantaloupe - all from Stampin' Up!  I didn't think this card was going to make it after I cut the flower border, but the more layers of leaves and flowers I added, the more I liked it!
I hope you enjoy my Make it Monday card!  
Thank you for stopping by today!!  Have a fabulous weekend!!

Kristy

1 comment:

  1. wow, love those big bold flowers, gorgeous border!

    ReplyDelete