Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pink, pink, PINK!!

Well Hello & Happy New Year!

Here it is almost the end of January!  Time is flying and I've neglected my blog!  Well I'm back today with a card for the Papertrey Ink blog hop..  The challenge is to create a card using only PINK (shades of pink) - with the option to use neutrals (I chose black).  Here is the photo for inspiration:


This inspiration photo just makes me happy!  I think I love pink!  So - here is my card:


I used a new stamp set from Papertrey Ink called Doodlie-do!!  It's full of awesome doodled flowers, leaves and some lovely sentiments in a very cool font!  LOVE!!  


First I die-cut the flowers and leaves from Designer papers, then I stamped the flowers and leaves and embellished with glitter!  I love a sparkly black glitter, and on the newsprint flower I used a chunky clear glitter....  I am a glitter girl!!


I'm pretty happy with the way the card turned out, and I'm loving the pink and black together, and newsprint, always a favorite!



Here's a close-up showing the details, I think this is going to be a fun stamp set!!  Today I also tried my hand at making cakepops..  I love to make them, but sometimes have trouble getting the chocolate melted just right!  A friend requested some "Olaf" cakepops, the snowman from the Disney movie "Frozen".
Here they are:


Well thank you for stopping by my blog today!  Make sure you check out all the  beautiful PINK cards at the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop - January 2014!!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Kristy



5 comments:

  1. You used this set beautifully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so pretty. I love how you adorned your flowers. And your cake pops turned out terrific. I think the chocolate part is so tricky but yours look flawless. Being a hug fan of Frozen, I love them even more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of stamping on patterned paper. Very sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristy, it's just lovely how you used the new stamp set, and those pretty papers! Your sweet accents are pretty too! Wish I could taste those pops!

    ReplyDelete