Sunday, December 15, 2013

Gold Christmas Angel...

Oh  My Goodness!!
I can't believe how fast time has gone by!  I haven't posted since November 10 - really?  I have been busy, and I'm going to try to share just how much I dilly-dallying I have been up to in the coming week!  Some FUN stuff!

Today's post is driven by Make it Monday #144 - Heat Embossing Vellum on the Capture the Moment blog.  Here is the video for embossing on vellum.

And here is Melissa's card:


She does lovely work, and looking at her cards and projects are like being in a chocolate store!!  Or a macaron bakery!!  Oh, and here is my card:


I didn't have any plain vellum, BUT I did have this gold embossed polka dot vellum - a sneak peek from the Occasions catalog coming out from Stampin' Up! in January.  Also coming in the Occasions catalog is the gold foil paper I used as a layer!  I love the gold, so funny how it has come back into fashion!


This lovely angel is from Papertrey Ink's Love Lives Here stamp set.  It's kinda country and an adorable set, one of my favorites!  So I embossed the angel with gold embossing powder on the gold polka dot vellum, and also embossed her wings in gold on vellum.  I cut out the wings, and slipped them in behind her shoulders, using an x-acto knife to make slits.


The deep green cardstock is Pinefeather, from Papertrey Ink.  Love this beautiful shade of green!


I stamped this sentiment from the Beautiful Blessings - Holiday stamp set in Pinefeather on the inside of the card.


I embellished with a beautiful gold bow (well, I thought it turned out pretty good!) and some gold sequins!

Thank you for stopping by today!  Have a lovely week!!

Kristy



4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous in gold! What a fun vellum you used! Great sequin accents too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gold was never out for me & wow--this gorgeous card shows why! Stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful Kristy. Love the gold embossing and that new vellum is awesome.

    ReplyDelete