Sunday, November 3, 2013

Christmas Card!

Hello!

It's been awhile, but here I am back with a Christmas Card.   Today I'm participating in the Make it Monday #138 - Inlaid Die-Cuts challenge on the Capture the Moment Blog.  The Inlaid Die-Cuts add a bit of dimension to handmade cards.  I like the look!

Here is the card created by Betsy, she also did the instructional video for the challenge.


And here is my card:


I created with neutral colors today, Kraft, Early Espresso and Fine Linen.


The Inlaid Die-Cut is from the Background Basics Evergreens Die Set, which has a matching Background Basics Evergreens Stamp Set.  First I created a die cut the trees in Fine Linen and then stamped the polkadot trees using Crumb Cake ink.  I love these trees, and will be using them a lot this Christmas!!


The "Peace on Earth" sentiment is embossed with Early Espresso embossing powder.  I've been embossing a lot more recently!  I haven't done this in years (about 20 years!!), but it really does add to the cards and I like the texture it creates!!  The "Peace on Earth" sentiment is from the Tis the Season Sentiments Stamp Set.  I love the fonts used on this sentiments set!  Both stamp sets are from Papertrey Ink.  


This is the inside of the card, I added a Kraft die-cut of the trees to the inside, makes it all come together!  

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  Have an awesome week!!

Kristy



 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment