Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Banners & Cupcakes!

Happy Hump Day!

Another challenge for me today...  Today's inspiration is from the The Shabby Tea Room Blog and here is the photo:

The theme for Week 191 is Shabby Fall Party and the challenge rules are to INCLUDE A BANNER, CUPCAKE/CAKE along with ORANGE/YELLOW.

Here is my card:

The stamp set I'm using is called Gobble Gobble and it's from Taylored Expressions.  I love Taylored Expressions "cuppie" stamp sets.  They are all the adorable little "cupcake" characters!!  This one is the turkey, a cupcake disguised as a turkey.  Does it get any cuter??  I don't think so!!


The colors I used are Early Espresso, Tangerine Tango and Crushed Curry.   I also used Stampin' Ups! Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper....  Love this fall combo!!


So I have my turkey cupcake and I had to add my banner, a leaf and twine banner sounds good to me!  I started with orange twine, and tied a few brown twine knots around the orange twine.  The finishing touch to the banner are the leaves, also from the Gobble Gobble stamp set!


Here is the inside of the card, simply stamped in Early Espresso..


Oh, and I added a gold sequin to the top of the turkey's head, there's usually a little circle on top of the  "cuppies" to add a button, rhinestone or a sequin, something to top it off!

The sentiment is a simple Happy Thanksgiving, and this is the time to remember (really all the time) all we are thankful for.  

Have a blessed day and thank you for stopping by today!!

Kristy

8 comments:

  1. I'm totally loving this cutie :) Your leaf banner is so fun and the turkey cupcake is darling!!! I LOVE Taylored Expressions dies but haven't seen the stamps...I'm totally going to have to check them out! Thanks for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little turkey cupcake and leaf banner-very cute! I too love Taylored Expressions and belong to their monthly kit club! Too fun! Thanks for playing along this week in The Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristy! This is really cute. I'd love to have you stop by and share your sweet cards with us at Word Art Wednesday. Our challenge are always Anything Goes (family friendly as yours are!!) and it would be an honor to have you play along with us.
    Have a blessed week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, I'm going to check out Word Art Wednesday!

      Delete
  4. Fantastic colors and absolutely darling :) I love this little leaf banner :) Thank you for joining TSTR challenge :)

    ReplyDelete