Monday, September 23, 2013

I love snowmen!

Ohhhh hello!  (I see this on rubber stamps all the time & I like it!)

Well, another day, another challenge!!  AND it's another Papertrey Ink challenge on the Capture the Moment blog.   Today's challenge is Make it Monday #133 - 

Creating a Flocked Look with Dimensional Paste

Here are the cards made by Danielle Flanders:


I love the look of these cards, you can see the flocked look here, she used a polka dot template, check out the blog and you can see how she does it in a video.

Here is my card:

I used the Winter Snow Globe Stamp Set from Papertrey Ink.  How cute is that snowman?  One of my favorites!!  The stamp set also comes with a really cute Santa, and a cute Christmas Tree.  And the cutest little sentiments!  One of my favorite holiday stamp sets!!

 

I stuck with the neutral colors here, and used the Hexagon Cover Plate Die as my template for the flocked look!  I used a "thinner" medium, but may have to pick up a thicker one at Michaels later this week!  It does give a very cool texture.  I used Gesso on this card. and mixed in a bit of Folkart Extreme Glitter paint (since I am a total glitter girl)!.


After I spread the gesso/paint combo over my template, and removed the template, I dusted with a bit of a chunkier glitter - snow!!


My snowglobe does have a piece of thin acrylic over it, to give it the snowglobe look, it's kind of hard to see here, but it added another bit of dimension.  I also embellished with a kraft colored button, some natural twine and some Stampin' Up! Burlap Ribbon!!  Soooooo even tho fall has just begun, here is a bit of winter cheer for you!!

Thank YOU for stopping by today, don't forget to stop by the Capture the Moment blog to check out the other cards posted to this challenge.

Have a fabulous day!!

Kristy











6 comments:

  1. Kristy, this is adorable! So glad you tried it out, and I love how your snowy background turned out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling snowglobe! The whole card is darling with the snow and burlap and neutral colors. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and love the glitter that you added.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this! The neutral colors are wonderful and that is one of my favorite sets too for the Holidays! I pinned your card as I just love your design my dear! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet snowman! He looks right at home in that glittery globe and all the shimmering background you created, Kristy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card! Love all the textures and the neutral tones. Very nicely put together.

    ReplyDelete