Friday, September 13, 2013

Going Dockside Again!

Greetings to you and Happy Positive Thinking Day!!  Well that's better than Friday the 13th right?  My cup is half full today!!  :-)

I seem to be posting mostly challenges lately, and I've done another one!!  I'm playing along with WPlus9's Monday Mood Board #20 today!  Here is the mood board:


So it's a nautical themed card, and you just go with it!  I went with it, and my colors are off a bit, because my crabs are Tangerine Tango this time, but it does have a nautical theme!


I  have this super cute nautical paper called Ocean Breeze from Best Creation, Inc.  The paper already has the sea shore scene on the lower right hand corner.


I added the little sailboat from the super fun Dockside stamp set from WPlus9.  I also added the birds flying in the sky, oh and the sentiment "Happy Retirement"!!  


My favorite part is the nautical banner, I love banners, and it just goes to show you can make a banner for any theme!!  The banner is put together with natural twine (my favorite twine!) - and it just really adds to the card and is instant embellishment!


The colors used are Tangerine Tango, Soft Sky, Midnight Muse and Crumb Cake, all from Stampin' Up!.

On the inside of the card I used the Dockside Backgrounds, and I just can't get enough of those little crabs!

Thank you for stopping by my blog today and have a fabulously positive day!

Kristy

3 comments:

  1. I love your seaside scene and fabulous banner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shiver MY timbers - you are CLEVER!!!!! LOOOOOOVE this with Tangerine! {BRILLIANT!} That is the MOST darling banner and is it possible I smell crabby patties? I'm inspired on MANY levels! THANK you, sooooo much, for sharing this with Wplus9! It means the world to me to see these stamps so adored, and put to use by SUCH talented hands... STAMP on, sweet sista! xoxo

    ReplyDelete