Sunday, August 4, 2013

You Make My Heart Smile...

Hello!

I am back with another challenge from Capture the Moment.  This is the Make it Monday #127: Double Backgrounds challenge.  I really enjoy creating my own backgrounds, so this was a fun one for me (yes, they're all fun!)!  This is the card shown as a sample from the Capture the Moment Blog:


Dawn McVey used a polka dot background stamp and a music notes stamp for her background.  I  love the colors she used!  I used the Distressed Dots and Linen background stamps from Stampin' Up! for my background.  The Distressed Dots is one of my FAVORITE background stamps, love that "worn" look.  The Linen is kind of hard to see, you can see it better in the close-ups!


The other stamp set used is the  Framed Out #12 Mini Stamp Set from Papertrey Ink.  I love this stamp set, I added a little cut-out of my grandchildren....Love love LOVE!!   Oh and for some extra fun, check out my instagram, the button to follow is over on the right of my blog, I made a little video of this card!  I tell ya, I have WAY too much fun on Instagram!!!


The colors used are Poppy Parade and Smoky Slate, I also embellished with a few sequins for a little bit of bling!

I needed some Poppy Parade twine, so I saturated some red and white twine in the Poppy Parade ink! It worked and added just a bit more texture to finish off the card!


Now - I'm thinking this would be cute in a frame, because I really can't send it to anyone, and I like it....and it has 2 of my favorite little people on it!!

Thank you so much for checking out my blog today, and if you'd love to see some more beautifully creative cards, go check the the Make it Monday challenge!  You will NOT be disappointed!!  Enjoy!!

Kristy






6 comments:

  1. Oh, what a GREAT idea to put your grandchildren's photo in that frame! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! IT is a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your MIM win and happy shopping! Your card is adorable and so are your little grandchildren. What a great design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy! Those little grandchildren rock my world!!

      Delete