Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Let's Go Dockside!!

Ahoy there Stamper!!

Today I decided to play along with the WPlus9 Monday Mood Board #19 Challenge!  I love this color combo, it's very similar to the Latte Love card I made on my last post!

Here is WPlus9's Monday Mood Board -


I know this is all soft and feminine, but I have been wanting to use my new Dockside Stamp Set from  WPlus9 soooooo........I did!!


So you're right, these aren't the typical colors for a "nautical" theme, but I can't resist the challenge.  My first thought was the little crab, he's my favorite of this set!!  My background paper is Crisp Cantaloupe, and the crab is stamped in the same color, makes me think of Maine...


The card base is Crumb Cake, I also used Pistachio Pudding and Poppy Parade, these colors are all from Stampin' Up!  I used the Dockside Backgrounds Stamp Set in Crumb Cake ink on the card base.


The nice poppy colored crab seems to want to jump out of a boiling pot, hmmmmmmm, maybe next time!  I embellished with a bit of poppy twine, and linen thread.  My sentiment is "Thank You" and.......


That coordinates with the inside, "Thank You for Being My Anchor"!!  The sentiments come with the stamp set, and I just love this one!  Who is your anchor??  Your mom? dad? husband? son? daughter? best friend? sister? dog?   I can think of more than one!!

And thank YOU for stopping by today!  Have a fabulously creative day!!

Kristy

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that you decided to use this color combo to make a nautical card. I would never have thought to do that and it turned out fabulously! I love LOVE this card. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindsey, it was a fun card!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete