Sunday, August 25, 2013

Latte Love!

Hey There!

I hope you're having a creative day today!!   I've been working on a card for  Capture the Moment's    August 2013 Blog Hop.  Today the challenge is to use one of the color pallets provided, along with the matching sketch!  I chose the color and sketch below:


Well the first thing I did was look for a good blueberry pie recipe - this pie looks soooooooooo delicious and I have some blueberries in the fridge.  I didn't make it yet, but it's been on my mind.  OK back to stamping - Here a new addition to my stamp collection - this is the Latte Love Stamp Set from Papertrey Ink.

I just love coffee cup stamps and all the cute little coffee sayings!!


I did a little bit of paper-piecing or fussy cutting as some call it.  The colors used are the ones mentioned in the first photo.


So the cute little stamps that are part of this set, "Certified Coffee Drinker" and "I (heart) Coffee" are just too cute (and they add some nice embellishment)!!  There's just something about that first cup of coffee to get your blood pumpin'!! 


(my "start the day" cup!)


For the bottom horizontal "stripes" I used a nice poppy colored hemp!  This hemp makes the sweetest bows, and they keep their shape, or should I say you can shape it to your liking...  :-)


I also used some thick tape to raise the coffee cup stack up a bit giving it a slight 3D look.

I hope you enjoyed this card today!  Now I'm off for some lunch with my hubby!  Have a
crafty day, and thank YOU for stopping by my blog!!

Kristy




 


2 comments:

  1. Super cute card. I love those paper pieced coffee cups. Great take on this color combo and sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, looks very time intnsive :-) . Great take of the challenge

    ReplyDelete