Friday, June 7, 2013

Love the Here & Now..

Oooohhhh 3 days in a row!!  ( a little late)  Yay!!

Today I'm participating in the Wednesday Stamp Club Sketch Challenge at the My favorite Things blog.

Here is the sketch from My Favorite Things:
And here's my card!  I like this sketch, really creates a nice card, and I used lots of patterned paper (some of my fav colors, turquoise and orange!).


I love this stamp set from My Favorite Things.  It's called LJD Pretty Poppies.  And the poppies are just beautiful, especially when they have glittery turquoise centers!!  The sentiment "Love the Here and Now" is also from My Favorite things - the sentiment is something we need to remember!!


The colors used are Pear Pizazz and Tangerine Tango.  I also used the Copic Spica Glitter Pen in Turquoise.  

This card is a bit bigger than I usually make them, it's a 5" x 5" card.  If you're mailing one of these, it's a bit more postage.  Oh man, I hear my hubby getting on the exercise bike, I really need to do that!!  I signed us both up for a 10K (6.2 miles) at the end of August at Disneyland.....  I am in no shape or condition to do this...  If I say it will I do it???   Tomorrow morning I am going to go walk at the park for at least 2 miles!!  I will check in on the next post....something about getting motivated....

Here is the flat laid out view, I don't know why I like these views but I do!  Can you see the glittery dots of the copic markers in the centers of the poppies...  It's very pretty and sparkly!!


And here's the inside of the card, "thinking of you", hmmmmm, maybe this card will get me moving, LOVE the HERE and NOW!!   Make some positive changes!!


Here is the matching envelope!  I'm starting to add these cards to my Etsy Shop, Schalk's Card Schoppe!  If you're looking for a hand-crafted card, please check it out!!  There's a link to the right of this page.
Thank you for stopping by today!  Have an awesome weekend, I will be walking tomorrow morning!!  :-)

Kristy



No comments:

Post a Comment