Monday, March 25, 2013

Sequins & Stamping (& cute Easter tags!)

Hi friends!

I decided to participate in the March 2013 Blog Hop for Papertrey Ink.  The challenge is to use "sequins".   Do you remember those?  I use to use them a lot when I made felt Christmas ornaments, and lately they've been appearing on clothes!  They add a little sparkle to everything, but I had never used them with my card-making!
And I didn't use them on cards, but I did use them on some cute Easter tags!


I started with Pretty in Pink and Pool Party cardstock....


For these tags I used the Papertrey Ink Tag Sale #3 die.  It has a cute circular reinforcement to make sure the ribbon hole doesn't rip when you tie your tags on to items.


The stamp set I used is super cute!!  It's Papertrey Ink's Scrambled Eggs Stamp Set.  This bunny is glittered all over, and the sequins are actually a light pink.  I think I like them used as embellishments!


I used turquoise blue sequins on this cracked egg.  And they're easy to cut with scissors, so I was able to shape them to the egg.


I also glittered the border of this tag, Easter can be such a cute crafting holiday!


Love this bunny stamp, it's just the cutest!!


I really enjoyed this challenge, and will be adding sequins to my stamping projects!  You can't have too many embellisments or too much sparkle!!

Thank you for stopping by my blog today, now I have to run and add this to the link up before it's closed!!

Have a nice evening!!

Kristy

5 comments:

  1. Darling tags. Great use of sequins to decorate the tags and sweet egg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet tags - I would never have thought to cut the sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are SOOOOOOOO cute! Love all your Easter projects Kristy! Hope you and your family have a great holiday! XO

    ReplyDelete