Friday, January 4, 2013

Faux Chalk Board Look!

I just love this technique!!  It's the Faux Chalk Board Look and it's been popping up all over the internet!

I finally watched a video on how to do this technique (I was intrigued) and it worked!!  It is the Make it Monday on the {capture the moment} blog.  Check it out!!  Here is the picture from the Make it Monday video of Betsy Veldman's card:


I love her chalkboard look!  And here is the card I created for the Make it Monday Challenge:
(check out the challenge, loads of ideas!)


This may be a new favorite technique of mine!  You can take a quote, verse or one of your favorite sayings, and make it the main character on your card! 


For this card I used the Sending My Love stamp set from Papertrey Ink.  The flowers are from Papertrey Ink also, the stamp set is With All My Heart.



These new stamp sets are going to create some beautiful Valentine cards, especially with all the matching heart dies!!


The colors used are Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Gumball Green and Real Red.  And of course I had to sprinkle on some glitter!

And here is the inside of the card, all ready for delivery to your special someone!!

Thank you for stopping by today, YAY!  It's Friday, have a great weekend!!

Kristy


5 comments:

  1. Really nicely done - love the whole design of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristy! I LOVE this card!!! You did such a great job with this technique. Really wonderful! Hope you have a fab weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My this is pretty! Your roses are lovely, and I agree, will make great Valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute layout for this technique! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thani you ladies for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete