Monday, November 26, 2012

The Shabby Tea Room - Guest Designer

Today I am a Guest Designer for The Shabby Tea Room.   I am a past winner for  Week 130, and won the opportunity to be a guest designer!!  This is exciting for me, since I'm relatively new to the blogging world!!  Hey, it's the little things in life sometimes that put the smiles on our faces :-)

This card is for Week 142, "Just Neutrals" - create a card or project inspired by the attached photo using JUST NEUTRALS, RIBBON and A SENTIMENT.

Here is the photo for the colors:

And here is the card I created:


It's so fun doing these challenges, and if you want to see some beautiful cards, go check out this challenge at The Shabby Tea Room, you won't be disappointed!


With the focus on keeping it "neutral" I used Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake and Sahara Sand for my colors.  


The stamp set and dies I used are from Papertrey Ink and they're called Layered Postmarks - Holiday.


I used some cream colored burlap as the hill that the trees are growing on, and some neutral ribbons and lace for the tops of the trees!  The sentiment is a little banner on linen thread, and there are stars in the sky, and glitter has been sprinkled on the trees.  


I kept the inside of the card neutral also, and carried the "shabby" theme through-out!  It's a totally shabby, vintage looking card, and I had a lot of fun on this challenge!!

Thank you for stopping by, and I tell ya, you will NOT be disappointed if you check out the cards at The Shabby Tea Room.

Have a fantastic day today!

Kristy






7 comments:

  1. So Shabby.......Love all the texture you have created. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristy!! I was so excited to see you were the guest designer on STR!! I ADORE your card - it's gorgeous! Love the overall feeling and the soft colors...beautiful! Have a great week. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wanda! And I loved your sparkly card today!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely piece, with great texture - congrats on the GD spot!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooooo!! Congrats on winning for Week 130! That's so exciting :) Glad people are finally noticing your awesome talent and super cute cards! :D

    ReplyDelete