Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Cupcake & a Christmas Tree

Hump Day!!   Always a good feeling to be half way through the week!  I am getting into the Christmas spirit here and must confess that I listen to Christmas music sometimes when I'm stamping.  This stamp set I used is from Taylored Expressions and it's called Season's Sweetings.


Taylored Expressions has a whole line of stamps with these little cupcake people doing everything from going to the beach to decorating Christmas trees!  They are the sweetest little stamps, and make the cutest cards!

I pretty much "paper-pieced" this image.  Paper-piecing is when you stamp the image on different papers, then you cut out what you want in the different patterns/colors.  The ladder is cut out from Early Espresso paper.


The Christmas tree is cut out from a patterned green paper, the star from a silver glitter paper, the cupcake holder from Real Red and the cupcake itself is River Rock.


I like the look it gives the card, a real "hand-made paper-crafted" look.  Yes, it takes a lot longer, and is very detailed, but I think that's what I love the most, all the little details!  I embellished with red pearls and the Christmas tree trim is green ric rac (hmmmm Wikipedia is spelling it Rickrack, and Webster's doesn't have either one, so today it's ric rac).


And I added a sweet sentiment to the inside of the card, also included in this stamp set.

Thank you for stopping by today, and enjoy your Wednesday!

Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment