Monday, October 29, 2012

Merry Monday!

Hello fellow crafters!

I am getting excited for the holidays!  Halloween is this Wednesday, Thanksgiving is coming soon and Christmas will be here before we know it!  I love all the wintery decorations, and STAMPS!!
It's got to be one of my favorite crafting seasons!

Today I have a Christmas card I made for a challenge, but I was too late to submit it!  We can still enjoy it!!  The challenge was to use a different color combo, other than our traditional holiday colors.  I was pleased with the results!


The stamp set I used is from Papertrey Ink and it's called Winter Snow Globe.


LOVE the little snowman!!  Could he be any cuter??  I don't think so!!  


The colors I used are Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Cool Caribbean and Starfruit.


I also used silver glitter paper for the snow, and lots of glitter for a wintery look!  The snowflakes are from the Snowflake Medley stamp set, they also come with dies, makes it soooooo much easier and faster, no scissors needed!


On the inside of the card I stamped the greeting using the Happiest of Holidays stamp set also from Papertrey Ink.   The colors look pretty good together, they're kind of wintery and still look great for Christmas.  A bit different from our traditional red and green...  I've seen bright pinks and aquas or turquoises used also, maybe they'll be next!!

Have a great Monday!!

Kristy


1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! I love the different color combo, it still makes the card festive but with a breath of fresh air! :)

    ReplyDelete