Thursday, October 18, 2012

Ghost Garland!

Hi and a Happy Thursday to you!!  Hmmmmm, well I think I'm "retired", with a little push from my employer - I got laid off, but it was an OK layoff, I have been sooooooooo ready to go!!  SO - my retired life starts today!!  I am so excited to pursue some of my creative passions!!  Here is one of them - as you know if you've been checking out my blog, it's CARD-MAKING and Rubber Stamping!!!

I've joined a challenge from the {capture the moment} blog called Make it Monday #87 Stamping Alphabets with Die Cuts!!   This is how it was done - using your alphabet dies and a thicker paper, create alphabet stamps!!


This photo is from the {capture the moment} blog, this is one way of creating the stamps!  I did it a little bit different, and I didn't do the whole alphabet, I just did "Boo!".


I raised the letters up a bit with mounting tape, to be able to stamp, and not totally cover the stamping block in ink!!

And here's my Ghost Garland card using the Tremendous Treats Halloween Stamp Set from Papertrey Ink:


The colors used are Peach Parfait, and I also used an older "retired" (hey, that sounds familiar!) Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up!


The little ghosts are just the cutest!!  I used mini black brads for their eyes!


I love any type of garland, and ghosts seemed appropriate for this time of year!!


So BOO to you this Thursday!!  Thank you for stopping by today, have a fantastic day, I'm going to!!!

Kristy

5 comments:

  1. The garland is much too cute to be scary! Loved how you decorated the little ghosts.
    And how clever to 'lift up' the letters with foam tape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet garland of adorable ghosts, Kristy. :o)

    ReplyDelete