Sunday, September 9, 2012

So Very Thankful..

Hello and a Happy Sunday to You!  My card today is a "So Very Thankful" card again.

This week I'm participating in The Shabby Team Room "Labor of Love"  Card Challenge using the colors in the photo and the project/card must have a "banner".


I really love the look of this "Sweets" table, kind of shabby Americana....So like I mentioned above, my card has to have these colors and a banner!!  Here's what I came up with!!


I think it turned out kind of shabby Americana too.


The Hexagon banner, and decoration on the card comes from Papertrey Ink.  There is a Hexagon Cover Plate die that cuts out all the hexagons.  You can cut them in solid colors, Designer Series Patterned Paper, OR you can stamp them using the Happy Hexagons Mini Stamp Set.  I did it all, stamped some, used some solid colors and some patterned paper.


The banner has ribbon tied between the hexagons (I love this little banner) and ribbon tied at the ends.


The colors used are Raspberry Ripple, Midnight Muse, Very Vanilla and Pool Party.


And I finished off the inside of the card with a few more hexagons!  This was a fun card to make, lots of little details!!  I added the teeny, tiny butterflies to the banner, just for a little extra embellishment!
I hope you enjoyed this card today, thank you for taking a look!  I hope to "see" you again tomorrow!!
Enjoy your Sunday!

Kristy




5 comments:

  1. What a great idea to incorporate the hexagons into the banner...this is such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kathy, it was fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hexagons and tiny butterfly banner! Beautiful color...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on winning Week 130 with this card, Kristy! It's super cute and I love your creative take on it using the hexagons! :)

    ReplyDelete