Saturday, June 16, 2012

New Butterflies from SU!

Hi, thank you for stopping by today, I hope your weekend is off to a great start!!  This card is made using the new Papillon Potpourri Stamp Set from Stampin' Up!   I knew I would like this set, I've never really been into butterflies, but they have become so popular, especially in rubber stamping world and I find myself stamping with butterflies more and more.  They always add a bit of elegance.
Take a look at the set, it has a nice variety of butterflies!! 


Another reason this is such a great set is because it has a matching punch, the Elegant Butterfly punch is quick and easy! 


The colors used for this card are Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Crumb Cake and Whisper White.  I also added some pearls to the butterflies, and the antennae are a little piece of linen thread tied into a knot.  I like the look of the linen thread, kinda cute!


The Happy Birthday greeting is also new, it's from the Itty Bitty Banners Stamp Set, which goes with the Bitty Banners Framelits Dies.   This also makes a quick and easy greeting, I layered it and added some tiny pearls.

The zig zags cuts are also from a Sizzix die that was made for SU!  Zig zags are another trendy crafty pattern called "chevron". 


So this is a real simple, clean looking card and was real fast to put together. 
Have a great day and please stop by again tomorrow, for a Father's Day card!

Kristy 










No comments:

Post a Comment