Saturday, May 5, 2012

Shabby Saturday....

Hello and Happy Saturday to you!
I just finished my project that I am submitting to The Shabby Tea Room for their weekly challenge.  I love the idea of a Shabby Tea Room and all the cards that you see on their site are so shabby chic and pretty!!  The challenge this week uses this photo for inspiration:


For the challenge, you must use the colors from the photo and include flowers, polka dots and a heart!
I got a new die, it's the Quickutz Popcorn box, really cute for party favors..


The popcorn box is made out of pink and green polka dot paper, the flower is felt, paper flowers and green tulle, with a little ribbon popping out.


There's a little pearl pink heart pin peeking out from behind the flower, along with a little pink shabby heart.  There's also a pink and green pennant banner that wraps around the box!  


I really like the little pennant banner, oh, and I filled the box with salt water taffy, to match the colors and tied it with tulle.  I think these would be so cute for party favors, birthday, wedding, a tea party, and even for a boys party, use super hero paper or just boy colors!  Or a wedding, or 4th of July!!!  Lots of ideas are popping into my head!  Also using red and white stripe paper gives you the popcorn box, so I think I will be using this die alot!!

Thank you for stopping by today, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Kristy






6 comments:

  1. This is SO colorful and fun! (and now, for some reason, I'm craving sweets!LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kathy! Sweets always seem to make it into my posts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous work...i was in the shabby chic competition :) I entered my card, nbut your work is more beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning project! Thanks for joining The Shabby Tearoom this week.

    ReplyDelete