Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Art of Asia

Hey Happy Hump Day!  I promised to show you some pictures from the Art of Asia class I took at Stamp Your Heart Out in downtown Claremont, CA this past Sunday.  I've been shopping at this cute little stamp store for the past 20 years!  It's a great store, with lots of variety to suit everybody!  They have great displays and lots of samples all over the store.   I feel like a kid in a candy store there!  Here's one of their many samples:


They also have demos just about every weekend..  Check out their website and see if there is something you might be interested in!  I got the ladies to look my way for a picture:


Notice everybody is smiling!  And here are the cards we made, I think my favorite is the little geisha..




The lantern stamps are very cool and can be used in so many ways.  You can stamp a design inside of the lantern or use a patterned paper.  For the round lantern we stamped the image on washi paper and cut it out...


And here are a few other samples I took pictures of from the class:



The class teacher made these, endless possibilities!  Tomorrow I'm going to have a few more cards that I created once I got home, more of the cute little geisha, and some clean and simple koi fish stamping!
Thanks for stopping by today, please stop by again tomorrow!

Kristy

3 comments:

  1. How cute! I love all the bright color schemes. That geisha is a cutie. And I really like the intricate flower detailing and color choice in the 3rd card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vyvy!! You're so sweet to leave such nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome! Aww, thanks! I really do like your cards :)

    ReplyDelete