Saturday, April 28, 2012

Do NOT try this at home! {and a cute card}

Hi!  Hope Saturday is going well for you...A few weeks ago I made the mistake of cutting up some tortilla shells and frying them because I needed (had to have) some chips.  I was making a copy cat Chipotle dish with vegetarian crock pot pinto beans, and we just needed some chips to go with it...
Don't do it!  DO NOT fry chips at home.  IF you do, you will never use the convenience of buying a bag of chips at the store again!!!!!  I made the chips again today, because I had avocados that HAD to be used...  There's nothing like homemade guacamole EXCEPT homemade chips!!  I really don't know if I can use the bagged chips anymore, these turn out so good!  Here's a few pictures of the items that sent me over the moon (can food do that?)...


Bad, bad me.  My bad.


Who does this??  WHO takes pictures of homemade chips, and then sneaks in a little bit of the guacamole and the salt shaker in at the top of the photo to try to be creative.  


The same strange person then took a picture of the home-made guacamole with fresh chopped purple onion, and you know what's coming next, right?


Yes, the homemade chips and the homemade guacamole - ready to be devoured by someone who takes pictures of food!  YUMMY!!!

Anyway, this blog is about Stamping, Crafting and Pinning!! So here is a cute card to top off the chips and guacamole - 


The colors used are Pool Party, Daffodil Delight and Lucky Limeade.  Don't you just love the names of the colors!  Enjoy!  Have a great weekend.
Kristy

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I love this! Such a cute and yummy post! I might just defy you and start frying my own chips at home... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much better than store bought chips! It's just hard to stop eating them!! :-)

    ReplyDelete