Monday, April 30, 2012

Cornbread Casserole & a Card

Ooh it's Monday again!  Today I'm sharing a card and a casserole.  First the card, Home is Where the Heart Lives -

The stamps are from Cornish Heritage Farms Rubber Stamps.  This set is called Primitive Beginnings, it's from 2008 and may not be available any longer.  I love this look, there are also some sheep, trees, stars and sayings with that country charm, and Country Charm is one of the sayings.


The brown roses are pretty unique, they are attatched to the tulle, I cut off the tulle on top of the roses, but let the bottom hang for a curtain-y look.

The colors I used are Early Espresso, Pool Party (again) and this printed paper is a saffron-ish yellow.  I seem to be using this color combo quite often.  I hope you like the card and now on to the casserole - Tracey's Cornbread Casserole, by far the BEST I have ever tasted....


Here are the ingredients, the recipe calls for an 8 oz. can of corn, but I used a 16 oz. can, along with the 16 oz. can of creamed corn.


First melt the butter, yes butter, in the microwave and then add all the ingredients.  Mix it well.


Pour into a 9" x 9" pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes...


Let is stand for 15 minutes before you dig in.....Everybody will want seconds, it is delicious!  Let me know how you like it!


My sister made this a few weeks ago, and we all loved it, it is Tracey's recipe...Tracey was one of sister's best friends, and she left us way too early.... 

Thank you for stopping by today, and please stop by again tomorrow! 

Kristy


No comments:

Post a Comment